Mediterranean Bean Salad
A mix of two different mediterranean recipes to make a version which is only white beans and with a broader range of ingredients.
The salad tastes a lot better with the vegan feta but sometimes it's expensive so you can leave it out provided you have the marinated artichoke hearts (those usually fill a similar flavor void to me).
- 2 cans white beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed well
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 15 to 20 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 cup assorted colorful bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan feta cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- lemon juice (half a lemon) (optional)
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs, e.g. thyme, oregano, and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of them. Add more vinegar if you want a tangier flavor. Set aside.
Put the beans in a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
The salad will keep, well covered, for several days in the refrigerator.Return to Vegan Recipes